- 1 1⁄2lbs ground beef (ground shoulder roast is good)
- 1slice bread (broken or chopped finely)
- 1small vidalia onions or 1 small type sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon black pepper
- 4tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2–2⁄3cup whole milk or 1⁄2–2⁄3 cuphalf-and-half
- 4tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 -4tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed firm (to taste)
- 1⁄2cup ketchup
- Meatloaf: Combine meat loaf ingredients and place into a loaf baking dish.
- Smooth out top.
- Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done.
- *The addition of 1 or 2 teaspoons of Kitchen Bouquet® makes this recipe very good.
- **Recipe should be”plump” from the addition of the milk or Half & Half.
- It should NOT be runny.
- ***A second batch of sauce served hot is good to serve with the meatloaf.
- Nita’s Note: I note that some of you are using game meat such as deer — Deer is a very DRY meat. It is wise to HAVE some fat added to the deer — especially to ground deer. Maybe 25 % fat, ( I recommend 1 lb of ground venison, and 1/2 lb of deer sausage for fat content), otherwise your results will be poor. I don’t know about some of the other game meat some are using. Please consult and expert. The recipe is delicious as it stands! Enjoy! Nita Holleman.