- 2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/4″ strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Put oil in the cooking pot and select browning. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned – do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes.
- When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
- Combine the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water, whisking until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.