- 1tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2medium chopped onion
- 1⁄4cup melted butter
- 1⁄4cup flour
- 2cups half-and-half cream
- 2cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2lb fresh broccoli (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄4teaspoon nutmeg
- 8ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- crusty bread
- Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
- Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half & half.
- Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Can be puréed in a blender but I don’t. Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.
- Serve with crusty bread and Enjoy :).