- 1 1⁄2kg beef ribs
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2cup thinly sliced green onion
- 4garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1⁄2cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4cup treacle
- 1⁄4cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- In a large pan, combine ribs and enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to the boil. Cover. Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain ribs.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the spring onions; gently fry until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; reserve 1 cup of sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Line a shallow dish with foil.
- Place ribs in dish; brush both sides with sauce.
- Cover with foil; Bake, brushing with more sauce and turning every 20 minutes until tender and cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Place ribs on a serving platter and serve immediately with reserved heated sauce.