- 1⁄2lb lean ground beef
- 1egg, slightly beaten
- 2tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2teaspoon onion powder
- 5 3⁄4cups chicken broth
- 2cups chopped escarole or 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1⁄2cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄3cup finely chopped carrot
- grated parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl combine, meat, egg,bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil& onion powder; shape into 3/4″ balls.
- In large sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrot& meatballs.
- Return to boil;reduce heat to medium.
- Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.