- – Cupcake –
- 115 g (4 oz) Flora Buttery
- 115 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 115 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- – Icing –
- 55 g (2 oz) Flora Buttery
- 225 g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tablespoon lemon curd plus a little milk
- 25 g (1 oz) desiccated coconut
- yellow food colouring
- Chocolate drops and orange jelly sweets, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2 – 3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10-12 paper cases or greased bun tins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- Mix icing ingredients together, add a little yellow colouring and spread or pipe over the cakes. Mix a little yellow colouring to the coconut and sprinkle over the top. Use chocolate drops as eyes and orange sweets for the nose and feet.