- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¾ cup red grapes, halved
- 2 tbsp real mayonaise
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Hearty multi-grain bread
- Boston lettuce leaves
- Add chickpeas, mayo, olive oil, dijon mustard, curry, garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor
- Pulse 5 to 6 times until ingredients are incorporated and chickpeas breakdown slightly
- Place green onion, celery and grapes in a separate bowl and add chickpea mixture
- Stir until well combined
- For best result, let mixture chill in fridge for several hours before serving
- Assemble sammys and enjoy!
Be careful not to over process the chickpeas in the food processor. They should still be some-what whole. We are not making hummus here people!
This makes 3 pretty generous sized sandwiches and 4 average sized sandwiches. Depends on how much chickpea goodness you pile on your bread.