ROASTED PORK LOIN:
- One 2 1/2-pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 Cuban or Portuguese rolls, split lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- Pinch salt
- 4 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, sliced
- 2 large dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the sandwich: Heat a large, 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
Spread the top half of each of the rolls with 2 tablespoons of the mojo spread and 2 teaspoons mustard. Layer the bottom half of the rolls with pork, seasoning it with a pinch of salt. Top with the ham, cheese and pickles. Place the top half of the roll over the bottom half.
Brush the skillet with the butter, place 2 sandwiches in the skillet and brush the top half with butter. Place another cast-iron pan on top of the sandwiches with a heavy can to press down. Alternatively, you can use a panini press. Cook until the bread becomes golden brown on one side, and then flip and repeat on the other side, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cook the remaining 2 sandwiches.