- 3 cups of mixed dried Fruit ( I used raisins, dates, sultanas and apricots)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- zest and juice from 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup hazel nuts
- Line a 20cm cake tin, include the sides. I use a circle for the base, then strips for the side.
- Preheat your oven to 150 C
- Chop and dice dried apricots and dates into small pieces
- In a large bowl place dried fruit, spice, vanilla, orange zest + juice, olive oil and eggs. Mix to combine.
- Add the almonds and hazelnuts and mix through.
- Place the batter into your cake tin.
- Bake for 90 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and cool.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.