”I received these as part of a Christmas Bake Exchange and my kids loved them.”
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gumdrop
- Heat oven to 375°. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, shortening, egg and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients, except gumdrops, and beat until a soft dough forms. Then add gumdrops.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cook for 1 minute before removing from cookie sheets. Cool completely before storing.