- 1cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2cups white sugar
- 2large eggs
- 1teaspoon almond extract
- 2cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2cups coconut
- 1 1⁄2cups chopped maraschino cherries
- Cream shortening and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs and almond extract, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture gradually, beating on low speed just until blended. Fold in chips, coconut and cherries.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.