“Talk about Comfort food!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve also made it with Monterey Jack Cheese to give it a little kick!!”
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces brie cheese, rind removed (They now sell it without the rind)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 large potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked till crisp crumbled
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter and blend in flour; add milk cooking until slightly thickened (can be done in Microwave).
- Add shredded cheese and brie until melted.
- Butter pan and layer 1/2 the potatoes, onions, bacon bits, and sauce then add next layer. (You can do more layers if you want ending with sauce.).
- Bake for 1 hour until tender.