- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 box Hamburger Helper™ cheeseburger macaroni
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 4 slices American cheese, cut in half diagonally
1In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
2Stir in milk, hot water, and uncooked pasta and sauce mix (from Hamburger Helper box). Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3Arrange tomato slices on top; sprinkle with croutons. Place 5 of the cheese halves around edge of skillet; place remaining cheese halves in center. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand covered 5 minutes (cheese will continue to melt and sauce will thicken as it stands).