- 1 yellow onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- In a large pot, saute the onion in the olive oil for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft. Add the garlic and carrot and stir to combine.
- Add the ground beef and saute until all the pink is gone. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes and stir to coat the meat with the spices.
- Add the roasted chopped tomatoes, broth and cider vinegar. Stir to combine and let simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Once the chili mixture has simmered for 45 minutes, add the black beans and chopped bell peppers. Stir and continue to let simmer for 2o minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with toppings of your choice. I recommend and combination of sour cream, cheddar cheese, scallions or guacamole!