- 4slices bread (good, solid and crusty)
- 2avocados (ripe and reasonable soft)
- 1⁄2lemon (juice of)
- salt (freshly grounded to taste)
- pepper (freshly grounded to taste)
- 8slices bacon (best, rind removed and cut in half)
- 4tablespoons maple syrup (see not in intro)
- Have the bread slices ready to toast.
- Peel and stone the avocadoes and mash them roughly and add the lemon juice and season well.
- Grill or fry the bacon until it is crisp and drain it on paper towels.
- Toast the bread, divide the avocado mixture between the slices and neatly top with the bacon slices and then drizzle over the maple syrup and serve at once.