”Recent research suggests that curry may guard against the development of Alzheimer’s disease. This recipe is for a curry using ingredients commonly found in American kitchens”
- 4 medium onions, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb lean ground beef, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup cooked peas
- salt and pepper
- hot cooked rice
- Cook the onion and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add the ground beef and brown lightly.
- Blend in the flour.
- Add the raisins through water; simmer, covered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas, salt and pepper; reheat.
- Serve on hot rice.